Saturday, December 04, 2004

Shakespearean Jokes

Reading the Ming Pao Saturday Magazine, I have come across some interesting jokes written by Mr. Wong Jim, a cantopop icon who passed away last week. He is also an intellectual, and in his "Works without Decency", he writes the following:

Riddles from the West:
1. Six inches (guess a Shakespearean comedy)
- As You Like It
2. Twelve inches (again, Shakespearean comedy)
- The Taming of The Shrewd
3. Wet (Shakespearean comedy)
- Midsummer Night's Dream
4. Dry (Shakespearean comedy)
- Tweifth Night
5. Three inches (Shakespearean comedy)
- Love's Labour Lost, or Much Ado About Nothing

My dear readers, I'm sure you would understand these jokes a lot more quickly than I do. They are indeed interesting.

PS: I still don't understand the last one. Any pointers?
PPS: I don't usually write these things. I promise for a more inspirational entry next time, after exams.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh....
i don't understand ANY of them.

7:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are these jokes sexual?

7:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home